Friday, September 25, 2009

Okay, last one.

On our last night in town we went to a Burmese restaurant with Alexis, Josh, and my old friends from SFSU Ijah and Natalie. Burmese food is kinda like Indian food with a dash of Thai, but to be honest I wasn't thaaaaat into it. Luckily the dish we ordered turned out to be my favorite of the table (some kind of spicy crispy tofu I think?). The best thing that came out of it though was a dish called Coconut Rice, which is simply rice made with coconut milk instead of water. It's so obvious yet I've never thought of it! I tried to recreate it today in my own kitchen with only mildly disastrous consequences. I'll let you know when I get the damn thing right. Here's a sketch of Josh and Ijah, who is now sporting the "Jeff Goldblume" look with his new haircut.

No comments: