Saturday, June 20, 2009
In the spirit of list making inspired by my friend Rochelle, here are reasons why it sucks that my bike was stolen:
1. It wasn't my bike. I was borrowing it from my Dad's friend.
2. No more bike.
3. Can no longer show off for Miss Piggy while riding through the park
4. Temporarily suspended from Bike Gang and Bike Gang socials
5. Have to drive more and spend money on gas.
6. Can't participate in Pedalpalooza
7. My cousins family doesn't feel safe since it was stolen from their backyard
8. Can't taunt other kids with the coolness of my bike.
9. Dotty doesn't care for me anymore
10. The possibility of making a dashing and magical escape from government spooks with my alien friend is much slimmer now.
On the upside I have more of a reason to spring for my own bike and customize it in many awesome ways. Next step: procure a shitload of money. Ideas?
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
My 2nd original piece for music blog Chickens Don't Clap. Check out the post to learn more about the Canadian "pop leaning noise-rock" duo, Japandroids, and to hear a streaming track off their new album "Post Nothing" (a preemptive strike against their sound being described as post rock or post punk maybe?). If you end up checking out the full album please notice how the last track "I Quit Girls" is eerily similar to "Mayonnaise" by The Smashing Pumpkins.