Monday, February 9, 2009

It's been a while

I know, I know. The title of the blog is "a sketch a day" and it's nearly been a month since my last post. Well times have been tough and I've been relatively busy. I finally got my food stamps which has allowed me the luxury of eating, and I had a brief stint working in the mail room of Nordstrom's, where I would spend 8 hours a day folding and boxing expensive clothing for shipping at the local shopping mall. To break the monotony I would often spend my breaks and lunches in a little lounge area just outside the store which faced one of those horrible "gifts from the far east" stores. Here is a sketch of an Asian dress that was prominent in their window display. I enjoyed the shadows created by the creases.






1 comment:

Sam Kahn said...

I could totally see something like this as the beginnings of a cool show flier.